Saturday 1 April 2017

Micro soft office

I give thanks for deciding an early night would be good for me and turning off the latest Walter Presents Scandi Noir offering mid-scene setting in favour of a bubbly bath and undemanding novel. Couldn't sleep much because of this stupid cough but hey ho...took my mind off the sciatica pain now didn't it?

I give thanks for digging my head out of the sand for another battle in the long war of landlordly tussles. I've won a few over the years, sometimes with help from dear departed Pat, but I know I can manage on my own I just need to learn to be sterner and not so scared of conflict with bigger, stronger, shoutier people than me! I give thanks for winning a few preliminary rounds with my laptop (which refuses to let me open and print some important documents) by downloading them on my tablet (from which I can't print at all) and copying onto an email to myself to open on my laptop and paste onto a text document...all without leaving the comfort of my bed except for collecting mugs of tea and a bit of Welsh Rarebit...oh and a mad dash for cleaning cloths when I spilt one of the aforementioned mugs of tea all over floor, wall, bedside table, book, box of tissues...

I give thanks for trying to fix the problem with my laptop too...over and over again! That I'm not someone to give up at the first hurdle but when the hurdles won't give up I realise sometimes it's time to abandon the task, make another cup of tea, and try to keep it in the intended receptacles!

I give thanks for a rainy afternoon just right for lounging around as I've been really struggling to think of things I'd like to do that I can...or things I can do that I'd like to...although of course I've been keeping on top of the stuff I absolutely must like emptying the roof leak catcher! As I've also lost the will to cook at the moment I give thanks for lots of snacky or almost ready to eat foods about, like the leftover grated cheese just asking for some chopped onion, beaten egg and seasoning earlier. For lots more boxes of tissues for cold comfort...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics