Thursday 13 April 2017

Little helps

I give thanks for the pastel tinted sky over the sea again yesterday evening, and that big old moon, still beaming as it rose over the trees. For a long bath and an early night, and for thinking I was enjoying a couple of chapters of my book before I realised both the book and my eyes were closed!

I give thanks for getting my head round the fact it's not actually the weekend yet - felt like I'd done a full Monday to Friday already last night. For getting back at it today - there's still stuff strewn about but a lot of it's different stuff so it feels like I'm getting somewhere (towards getting somewhere). Considering ten days ago I was still so incapacitated I'm somewhat in awe (and of course extremely grateful) regarding how much I've done since then with lifting and shifting and ladders and vim (well, Tesco's value cream cleaner actually).

Maybe due to the above I give thanks for noticing some muscle tone returning to my body at last. OK, fit people would laugh at what I call muscle tone, but you'd have been more likely to cry if you'd seen my body a few months ago so definitely some improvement there. Where the muscle tone comes from is a bit mystery seeing as I'm such a faint shadow of my former active self but I put it down to long term lack of labour saving devices...like cars and handy menfolk.

I give thanks for a bit of online chat with various people to remind me there's a world beyond my thoughts, also for the neighbours being quiet so I've been able to be inside them. For realising it's time to organise the chaos enough to stop and do some slouching as those muscles are beginning to ouch...And finally, although I don't get taken for a ride much these days (as in passenger seat pleasures) there's been a definite sense lately of being taken for a ride as in the wotsit being extracted, so I give thanks for starting the day by wrestling back £9 from aforementioned supermarket. Every little as they say...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics