Thursday 6 April 2017

Still got the edge

I give thanks for a lot of dead wood and undergrowth clearing in the communal gardens below. Chain saws and industrial strength strimmers make a right old racket but it's great to see the grounds re-appearing. I give thanks for making some counterpoint noise myself at the other side of the building where I had Youtube playing U2 to find a snatch of track I had playing in my head but couldn't identify. Put Joshua Tree on, wandered out of the room to do something else, came back in and found what I was looking for, whatever the song might say! I give thanks I enjoyed providing backing vocals whatever the neighbours thought...

I give thanks for deciding to call the big ladder Jack as we're spending so much time together now. For finishing all the top step jobs along one kitchen wall...and a good deal of dealing with lower level stuff too.  And as this afternoon I felt like I needed a good rub down with horse linament and putting out to graze, I give thanks for giving up and trying to gaze at the inside of my eyelids for a bit. Unfortunately though, after so much enforced inactivity for so long, it's a real struggle to force myself to read a book, or watch TV, meditate, play games on my phone, surf the intenet...pretty much anything involving being still. I give thanks for an early bath - baths still work!

I give thanks for reading about an exhibition about the history of British photography I'd like to see that was too far away... And then realising it was too late anyway! For finding there's accompanying BBC4 documentaries and it's not too late to watch first one as long as I do it tonight! Just need to find something for my fingers to do during...hmm...eating food perhaps for part of it? I give thanks all this busyness has given even more of an edge to my appetite than it had before...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics