Wednesday 19 April 2017

Colour block

I give thanks for a good long sleep last night. Everything seems worse when you're tired doesn't it? I give thanks for another bright spring day. I have a great longing to go out and play, to travel about a while and see some different horizons even just for an hour or two but, out yesterday and tomorrow for day to day tasks, I had to stay in and conserve reserves today. I give thanks for delving into the corners of the bathroom instead, unexplored and untouched by cleaning hands for longer than I care to admit...for such a small room it has a lot of corners!

There's been a lot going on (and not going on!) for which I've not being giving thanks today...so I give thanks for thinking about some things I have been grateful for over the last few days and haven't remembered to say...

For the people who've taken the time to 'talk' to me now and then. I've been feeling very out of sorts what with one thing and another and a little virtual chitchat can brighten the spirits a bit. I also give thanks I know you mustn't rely on others to do the brightening...nor spirits if it comes to that...though I did enjoy small portion of sherry trifle last night, and I'm grateful there's some left for later!

For finding 2 Denby-esque bowls, side and dinner plates for a fiver the lot in one of the charity shops in town yesterday...and in good condition too! Most of my china is at least second hand and the glaze is getting scratched and pitted, so a newer sort of old is good and I like the shape of these...and the toning shades of body and rim though I can't quite decide what to call them. The big plates don't fit on the plate rack in the cupboard however, which annoyed me intensely until I decided just to leave them on the drainer until next time they're used instead.

For part of a conversation overheard on the busy breezy seafront. There was a rather elderly brown lady sitting on a bench and two beige coloured ones, not in the first flush of youth either, came along and asked 'Do you mind if we join you?' The newcomers were discussing how they'd not have as much colour when they got home as people they knew who'd been to the continent over the holiday. 'Shame I can't give you a bit of mine...' said the brown lady. 'Oh, I wish you could!' said the younger beige one, rolling up her trousers to reveal magnolia calves. 'Have you seen English legs? They're not a pretty sight until they've been in the sun a bit...'

For that sun now setting in a place I don't have to hang out of the kitchen window to see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics