Tuesday 11 April 2017

It's good but it's not bright

I give thanks for the incredibly bright full moon last night. My inner wolf was out on a hilltop somewhere baying at it while my outer human tossed and turned under the covers trying to solve those puzzles in life that don't seem to come with any clues -  cryptic, tricky quick or otherwise, the ones you just have to keep banging your head at until one day you either break through or just become numb and stop caring...

I give thanks for a long lie perusing some paperwork, and then gradually easing myself into some serious sorting out of possessions and their positions. For feeling fairly strong and well, and pretty pain free once I got going although there's some movements that are best avoided still and, as it's best to stop before things hurt, predicting when that might be is sometimes problematic. For remembering to take little time outs from moving at all and getting on with on line investigations

For trying very hard to be remember to be grateful. It's not that I'm not particularly...it's just that I get greedy and want to be grateful for something other than just feeling quite well. I know it's not wise to over invest emotionally in unknown futures...and that futures are always unknown...but I'm a frail human and suffer from that common human frailty of wanting something to look forward to. A lot of the past has been unthinkably grim, and a lot of the present is OK as long as you look at it in the right light and in the right frame of mind...but if there's anything that can be done to make at least bits of the future better then I must find a way...

I give thanks for finding some odds and ends to make some nice pasta for an early tea, and in generous enough quantity to be able to eat again some time soon. For the sun shining for drying of laundry but the nip back in the air so I don't mind not being able to go out. For having an appointment so I have to go out tomorrow...and for a new challenge planned ie walking to the nearest bus stop. So far I've only caught buses that have stopped right by where I am, so this is progress eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics