Saturday 8 April 2017

Miss adventure

I give thanks for seeing the embers of the bonfire still glowing as I looked out of the window after dark last night. For resting my body while allowing my brain to stay up late planning trips and excursions... Even if I don't actually go on them I do love doing this, but I couldn't face even virtual travel when I was so very sore and immobile.

I give thanks for feeling less driven and manic this morning as my body has been as much in shock at the sudden changes as my mind. I'm still in far less pain than I was, and am grateful for all I can do more easily, but I'm also grateful for feeling more relaxed about it, and have been pottering about at home at a more leisurely pace being more respectful of long underused muscles and joints, treating my tender bits more tenderly. I give thanks for not missing adventure today... For lolling about with books instead, and getting up in between for bouts of housework and cooking. I have dhal for tea today, and hearty soup made from odds and ends of vegetables and blue and brie cheese ready for tea tomorrow should any adventure come my way in the meantime...

I give thanks for a sunny day for people going out, the windows open to dry the laundry and not too much unwanted noise coming in.

I give thanks for being able to chat with friends old and newer, far away and further, via the internet. Also that since the internet went off a couple of days ago and men were going up and down the pole outside, the TV has been working properly again as many of the channels had disappeared - including BBC1, 2 and 4 and all radio stations bar some dire local commercial thing. I give thanks I now have so many more options to chose from...and mostly reject! Maybe I'll just read a book in the bath until it's time to eat...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics