Tuesday 25 April 2017

Undone

Well, after all that winding up I give thanks for finally winding down...falling asleep on the sofa within an hour of Rachel unneedling me, feeling properly relaxed for the first time in ages. In fact if I hadn't got so physically chilled lying still as the temperature dropped I'd have dropped off sooner I'm sure. Instead I attempted to have conversations with a couple of people on line. I give thanks to Colin for coping with my incoherence, and to Jan for being unperturbed by my slipping into unconsciousness...

I give thanks for persuading the oven to not quite incinerate pizza for our tea, and we could eat that with our hands while finishing the jigsaw which has been going on for ages, getting sidelined when movement was possible again and so many undone things needed attention. That puzzle itself now undone again, the table is clear for business talk tomorrow...and my head as well...


Still very la la this morning I give thanks for getting going in time and in fine enough fettle for a spot of furniture moving - first of all the old cooker away from the wall to clean beneath and behind, then some items in the living room so that door will open to it's full extent and after that a bit of rearranging of the stuff previously in the way, so that it wasn't any more. You don't need a degree in hippy to suspect someone round here has some subliminal issues with liminal spaces, do you?

I give thanks as well as hefting and hoovering, scrubbing and sprucing, there were some sitting downy jobs as well...and that some of those went OK... For the friendly efficient (and strong) delivery men and that, though I wouldn't say I've fallen in love with the new appliance yet I haven't fallen out with it either. I'd have preferred to have an Aga of course, but I reckon the guys preferred that I didn't!

For hours of bright sunshine before dark skies and showers, plus a fleeting flurry of snow...oh and a sudden but brief little breeze that I thought might turn into wind but didn't...so I hope those who were hoping for a proper blow got more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics