Wednesday 5 April 2017

Well on the way?

Well, goodness only knows what happened to me yesterday afternoon but I give great thanks it did!   I was up the big ladder cleaning the tops of the kitchen cupboards and picture rail beyond, and down on my hands and knees shampooing the carpet by the bed where I spilt tea the other day and more, much more, besides. There was enough discomfort to make me stop now and then for little rests, but I was so restless and kept wanting to get up and do more. In the end I had to go and have a bath to keep myself still for a bit, and force myself to sit in front of the TV and eat supper even though I was still full of energy and raring to go. I was still the same at bed time so I'm glad I could eventually settle down and go to sleep.

This morning I was quite aware of the full length of the path of the sciatic nerve but more aware (and much more grateful for!) that slightly sore stiffness that comes from using one's body rather than feeling emotionally abused by it.

I might have lingered longer under the duvet but I had to get up to open the bank of mum, and talk to my son about affairs of the part...and I give thanks for that. I give thanks for all the people in the past who told me what a failure at mothering I was as they made me question (eventually) the wisdom of having such personages in my life! Sure, I might have done better if I'd been properly mothered myself but considering I had no good example to follow I don't think I've done so bad...so far!

I give thanks for taking a cab to deliver a large bag of unwanted items to a charity shop, then taking a big walk round a small town visiting a variety of facilities including the opticians to order some photochromic specs as I'm clearly going to be out and about a lot more in the not too distant future, the doughnut kiosk as I clearly need to attend to my own needs where they are concerned at the moment, the beach, the post office, a couple of shops...and the disabled loo! I give thanks for Radar keys...


I give thanks for mosaics. That was something that struck me when I first considered moving to this part of the world - that there seemed to be many more of them around. And good buskers. And good firework displays. And some damn fine pubs. Let alone all the sun and sand and sea and stuff!

Although I felt almost capable of walking home up the hill I give thanks for resisting the temptation to try as I know that's a tough way to go, and I've a way to go before I get there. I know later/tomorrow this sense of being on the mend may prove to be just another false dawn in a long drawn out night...but hey, I've had a day and a half of feeling alive and being active and I have missed it so much I give great thanks just for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics