Tuesday 4 April 2017

If not

I give thanks that pesky cough suddenly returned to the realms of hell from whence it came yesterday... particularly as I bought some cough medicine but couldn't open the bottle!

I give thanks for some reasonable sleep, and some pleasing dreams though I couldn't remember them, just the feeling they'd been nice...

I was disappointed about the amount of pain I was in when I awoke as I had a mountain of jobs lined up in my head, but though I know we shouldn't get attached to expectations, expecting less soreness was a sign of optimism...and to still be able to summon up optimism in the face of such a diversity of adversity is something to be grateful for I'm sure!

I give thanks for publishing my second of my library friends' crosswords and for garnering plenty of attention for their page if not a lot of clicks on the actual puzzle. If you'd like to have a go at solving it yourselves here is the link http://crossword.info/happiness_squared/FOTL2

I wanted to be a writer from when I first learnt to read, a 'columnist' since I first knew someone who wrote one (obviously long before blogs were invented) and a crossword compiler from when I first started solving them. So, whatever else I may have failed at, I have to give thanks I've achieved three ambitions anyway...and if only there were money in those I might have achieved a few more I guess!

My most burning current ambition being still to move to a home that I like better, I give thanks for beating the pain into submission, if not the management company, and getting stuck into a commendable, if not advisable, session of serious sorting and cleaning. I would so like to do something more pleasurable...but if you can't do that the next best thing is to get ready to, right?

I give thanks for enjoying a couple more of episodes of Eyewitness, but with an awareness the last couple of Walter Presents offerings have had rather lame and frustrating endings. I know good endings to stories can be hard to come up with...probably because stories don't really have them do they? One set of circumstances merely morphs into another continuously...but these series have finished on a cliffhanger, presumably in hope of an option of a second one...which is no good if you don't know if you'll have the option of seeing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics