Saturday 15 April 2017

Something old, something new

I give thanks for an early night and managing to get up in time despite sleeping late. It was the only day of the long weekend I was supposed to be anywhere and I was like zombi second thing, having missed first thing altogether!

Though a bit stiff and sore I give thanks for a jolly potter round our friendly town, getting a little busy and bustly already with all the visitors flocking to partake of its therapeutic qualities. Well, you can't blame them... For picking up my new specs and liking them. You never know if you're myopic...well unless you have contacts and wear them to try on frames which I used to do when I did. For good buskers...though not as good as this chap who Liz shared a link for after seeing him yesterday in the city https://jamiehocking.bandcamp.com/album/jamie-hocking


I give thanks for buying myself two new mugs. Though not expensive (obviously) even the box they came in is beautiful. That will come in useful to keep something in I'm sure...(knitted cushions in the background - almost done!)

For an astonishingly delicious lunch of pasta with a sauce I started yesterday from the kind of mushrooms that have become so black you keep putting them back in the back of the fridge. They were cooked up with onion and garlic, then lightly liquidised with a splash each of vegan cream and ancient white wine saved for cooking, plus some very tired cheddar with chili and lime on top. OK the dish is not described in a restaurant menu way but if I'd ordered it from one I wouldn't have been disappointed at all. Definitely going to make that one again when I've solved the question of whether I should use fresh ingredients next time...

For a floppy afternoon on the sofa trying to be sparing with guilty thoughts - I mean seriously, why shouldn't I if I feel the need - and with the remainder of those foil wrapped filled eggs I've been handing out like...well like sweeties, I guess. Sometimes there are reasons to be cheerful one doesn't have a lot of visitors...more goodies to be greedy with is one and less washing up's another. It goes on and on...think I'm going to have something 'convenient' tomorrow!

PS. Since writing the above I've heard that Jan is coming down to stay for a couple of days the beginning of next month. Should make it clear I give thanks I have visitors sometimes ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics