Friday 7 April 2017

Branching out

I kept hoping to hear things yesterday that I didn't...and still didn't today...so I give thanks for the practice in patience. Sometimes going with the flow means going with the unflow...and we need reminding how unimportant to other people what's important to us might be. 

I give thanks for relaxing during the evening... for the odd fifteen minutes here and there when I wasn't just 'getting that washing up out of the way', 'rustling up a quick pudding' and 'making a start on the ironing'! You might wonder what was the matter with me if you've not known of me long. If you have though you'll remember this was what I was like before anything was the matter with me. I give thanks for my former self popping back for a visit. I miss me when I'm not there...

I was grateful I was getting quite sore in the end and didn't mind going to bed...for lavender oil to help me turn off by brain and go to sleep...

Today they were burning stuff they'd strimmed and sawn so it was too smoky to open the windows and I was grateful I had no laundry to do. And for having some legal research to keep me stuck in the office (bed) for most of the morning as I felt like taking it easy for a while.

I give thanks for cold pasta left over from yesterday for lunch, eaten in the brisk breeze blowing off the sea...after walking down the hill for the first time since mid September! For not getting carried off by men in white coats for chuckling into my lunch box... It may not be a full and holy cure but it's a great and mighty wonder. (It's a hymn, in case you don't know...they stick in my head like song lyrics!)

I give thanks for Mima whisking me away up into the nearby hills where there is a cafe with a sort of verandah over looking folds of fields, cream teas and no sea breeze. While we chatted,  I spent some time playing with my typical shots of zoomed in on buds or views through the fencing until she said 'Ooh look at that bird in the tree!' when I swung round and clicked in just the right place, at just the right time and just about in focus which is such an unusual an experience in itself the shot just has to illustrate this unusual day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics