Sunday 9 April 2017

One fine day

I give thanks for the one off wonderful summer's day weather...

I give thanks for Mima and I preplanning and taking a pick and mix picnic lunch along the coast a little way to somewhere with a big beach, shops, kiosks, amusements and rides and hoards of large loud people...and tranquil dunes, pools and scrub land beyond!  For having the strength and energy to walk to the beyond, feeling like a real live human being with my little rucksack on my back, the pain quite quiet and bearable and the glorious warmth of the sunshine on my skin as we lay on a rug after eating.

I give thanks for managing to walk back to the car afterwards, amazed and happy...and tired! For falling asleep on the sofa not long after I got home. It's probably hard for most people who read this to really understand what it's like to be immobilised...nor, no matter how rewarding the little victories, how hard it can be to fight your way back...and I'm very grateful for that! It may be character building, and interesting, and good for your spiritual development, patience and ability to appreciate the little things in life, as I may often tell you - but really, just take my word for it, don't find out for yourselves unless it's absolutely unavoidable! Nonetheless, I give thanks for hearing via Facebook that one person I know who really does know has had a little victory of her own today.


I ive thanks to Colin for sending me pictures of far away yesterday. This one's of very close today...

I give even more thanks than I did yesterday for making today's tea yesterday...methinks there's not going to be a lot of movement round here until I go to see the orthopaedic physio tomorrow afternoon... And for finding our one of those All4 series I thought ended badly had two more episodes hidden away. That's me sorted for the evening!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics