Friday 31 March 2017

Not lost soles

Coming home on the bus yesterday afternoon I was gratefully thinking of all the possibilities of other places I could maybe go, arrangements with friends I could make etc...but when the pain set in later so did a more realistic view. I did too much when it didn't hurt too much and the aftermath's been hard.

I give thanks for managing to stay more or less upright for a little companionable jigsawing and a bowl of post blood test ice cream...and for eventually getting to sleep despite a lot of sadness and soreness and my Mother's Day gift of a bit of a cough and cold! Waking up late with no inclination to move at all and make anything worse than it was, I gave a lot of thanks for it being one of those most unusual days when Bob woke earlier and was amenable to the bringing of a cup of tea to my bedside without prompting, cajoling or even being asked at all (well not out loud anyhow). Mums (and some dads) everywhere know this is a rare and precious thing and will rejoice on my behalf I'm sure!

I give thanks for a bemused but very pleasant and helpful man calling and asking if I'd ordered some size 4 grey baseball boots recently because a pair had turned up in another part of town addressed to him but with my details also. I give thanks that one day we might meet and I might receive said footwear!

I give thanks for having the kind of sliced bread I don't usually eat in the house because it inspired me to make fried egg sandwiches for brunch, and that after this, and paracetamol, washing my hair and generally kicking myself up the proverbial, I managed one last burst of essential walking about, waving Bob off from a taxi at the station and doing my in town chores...and that though it hurt, a lot, it wasn't unbearable...which is particularly handy as I'd have had to bear it anyway. Maybe all is not lost, maybe I am getting somewhere...it's just such a slow low road to be on sometimes it's really hard to tell.

I give thanks for that Snow Patrol song playing in the little sandwich shop when I went to get my takeaway tea and stare at the sea for a while and just forget the world... I'm such a dreary teary weary thing this evening I give thanks on the whole, apart from my blog, the world largely forgets about me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics