Sunday 19 March 2017

Every piggy tells a story

The pain was very painy last night, and the neighbours rather too, but I give thanks for being woken up by both at the same time...and after a while of being a bit cross about her upstairs being so cross at two am, by three it was quite amusing as I could hear her literally pacing round the room. Didn't think anyone actually did that outside of Victorian melodrama...wonder if she sees a red mist too? Poor thing, she was kicking off again later this morning with so much screaming and smashing of things it crossed my mind to get out of bed and record it to play to visitors who say to me (as if I'm under some strange kind of delusion) 'I've never heard a thing from upstairs!' I give thanks I couldn't be bothered though because it seems a bit mean and mocking somehow...

Anyway, talking of forbearance and forbears, I give thanks for the fascinating and very readable 'Inventing the Victorians' which was mentioned as a source of information in the Essex Serpent - also highly recommended! They seem to have got up to far more than we may have been led to believe...and in many ways we tend to think we invented!

I give thanks my carnivorous cravings have been subdued for now and for conceving of and producing a sort of vegetarian chicken soup in the slow cooker, made with Quorn pieces, broth mix and odds and ends of celery, sweet potato etc.

I give thanks Bob the breakfast maker has confirmed he will be here before the month is out... and by one of those random cosmic interventions that please me so, Laura rang earlier and said (among other things obviously) 'I'm making a tartiflette, would you like me to make a little one for you and would you like bacon in it?'

Oh and for anyone still wondering... the second toe is the one you tweak on children's feet and say 'This little piggy stayed at home'. This little piggy stayed at home again today, dreamt of going to market funnily enough (though as a stall holder not a commodity), ate lots and lots of food...and, though the pain continued to be pretty dreadful for much of the day, managed not to be too dread full and dreary about it. For that she was truly thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics