Saturday 11 March 2017

Moving parts

I give thanks for letting the tough cookie crumble last night. Just as some women might sigh with relief when they take off a restrictive bra or uncomfortable shoes, at times I need to to lay aside my layers of presentation - the brightness and the bravery, the gratitude and the fortitude, the humour and the 'How are you?'s and just have someone say 'Hey, it's OK! Relax, I got this for a while...' Could have done with it when I was five, could have done with it when I was fifteen...and even now I'm fifty and as much as you can be, and know there is no safety outside of your own head so it's pointless expecting anyone else to create the illusion for you, still, still...once in a while...there are days when I would love to come home to warm arms, a warm smile and a warm kettle!

I give thanks for a weary weep, a long sleep and a long dream of somewhere I used to live and someone who used to live there. For dreaming I saw the Northern Lights too...

I give thanks the pain's OK as long as I don't move around much, and that I'm OK with that as, much as I long to be up and away, I still haven't succeeded in getting my emotional armour back on, and am still wussy and easily moved to tears. So as out is still out, I give thanks for racking my brains for something different to do indoors I know to be useful or believe to be beautiful as Mr Morris might say, something my body and wallet will let me. And I give thanks that I'm still racking, ha ha! Gotta love a tryer eh?

I give thanks for tweaking my new easy cryptic crossword so I think it's ready for the local library. If anyone has time to sneak a peak for me and check it out with fresh eyes before I launch it on a wider audience I would be very grateful indeed. This request is also of course why I'm posting early and my tea's already nearly ready to eat. Nothing to do with being bored at all!

http://crossword.info/happiness_squared/FOTL1

I give thanks for discovering, with a yelp of delight, that Room is on TV later. It's a book and I've read it, and I film that I almost went to see and would very much still like to. It's largely about someone stuck in one small place so less of problem with character identification there perhaps than I sometimes have with adventure and romance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics