Saturday 25 March 2017

Chain of events

I give thanks for a beautiful bright sunny morning, quiet mild too as far as I can tell from indoors though the trees are waving around a bit. It all looked very alluring through the window and via the seafront webcams, and I give thanks I had things to get on with inside or I might well have been lured and regretted it! I give thanks my back, bum and leg are feeling relatively OK considering I've done quite a bit of moving about in the last few days but last night they did wake me up and remind me not to push it!

Despite imagining just lying around reading books, I give thanks for being pretty rubbish at that and getting up to scrub the sink and draining board before using a rew rack for the washed up plates and pans, dyeing some pale but serviceable towels so they didn't feel overshadowed by new ones and cleaning the fridge ready for new food! Well, that's the other thing you're supposed to do with a springlike day isn't it (apart from go out and enjoy it!) and it was a good day to dye! (Sorry... had to be done, that one!)

I give for falling asleep during the F1 highlights, not because they were especially lowlights, but because often in the countless qualis and races I've watched over the years something comes unplugged from my brain shortly after the opening music ends and I drift off to the sound of roaring engines...maybe it's because they're so often after lunch! I give thanks for livening myself up still lying on the sofa watching some highlights from the 'age against the machine' line up at the 6 music festival afterwards. Them Scottish lads have still got it even though they're nearly as old as me...though I guess they always were! Two kinds of Chain in one afternoon eh?


I give thanks my home smells of garden...

I give thanks my black baseball boots are almost worn right out because that prompted me to find a charcoal pair half price in a sale. Charcoal eh? I know! Practically sophisticated...well, practical anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics