Monday 13 March 2017

See what you can do!

I give thanks for the enticing light early yesterday evening. I wished I had someone to say 'Hey, let's go out and play!' but then gave thanks I didn't because I'd have felt I ought to sort out my hair and put on some clean tidy clothes...and by then it would have been nightfall...

I give thanks for the bright moonlight shining on the sea later... That always gets to me!

I give thanks for the bright sunshine this morning, living up to a weather report I'd read last night that had suggested a mild and springlike day. I'd read it and wondered how I could get somewhere to enjoy it...thinking of buses and trains and destinations...and how very far away the bus stop and train station seem! And then I thought...why do you think you need to go anywhere, when you hardly go anywhere here these days? (Well, apart from the fact I love to travel as well as arrive!) So I started formulating a little plan...for if the weather seemed as good as promised and my mobility seemed promising after doing the morning chores...

And I give thanks for carrying it out! I got a taxi to the seafront cafe at the bottom of the hill, and took a takeaway tea to a favourite spot on some steps that just go up and down to see how far it is...then incrementally walked along the seafront to the Post Office, picked up mail and a bag of flour from the health food shop en route to the cab rank to come home. It wasn't without physical discomfort, but it wasn't physically distressing and to move that far (relatively, and relatively unassisted) was a such a balm for the soul!

I give thanks for the warmth of the sun on my face and forearms, for wriggle of my toes in baseball boots for the first time this year, the twinkle of sunlight on the tiny waves and most of all, best of all, for how it felt to 'throw a few things in a rucksack'!


Now what I have to do of course (apart from get on with making tea) is wait and see if some awful aftermath ensues or the start of some awfully big adventures...with equanimity! The equanimity might be beyond me to be honest. Please say prayers if that's your thing, cast spells, send metta, rub your magic lamps and make as many wishes as you can spare...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics