Thursday 9 March 2017

The six and the lame

Well I woke up in lots of pain this morning but I gave lots of thanks for that as I was having such a horrible nightmare reality was preferable for once...Also having a mostly immobilised day makes me dread less what I'm going out to do tomorrow.

I give thanks I can lie in bed enjoying The Swingers and not have to shuffle let alone swing! I'm more than half way through and am very impressed with the plot twists and turns so far... Also for Prime Suspect 1973. More period detail, yum yum! It's not that I have a particular thing about the 70s or hark to the past per se, but I love remembering forgotten stuff and this not only has visuals but a good vintage soundtrack too. I shall be humming My Lady D'Abanville and thinking about the exterior wood trim on Morris Travellers for some hours to come...

I give thanks for thinking I'd forgotten a cup of tea brewing by the kettle...getting there and realising I'd not actually poured the water onto the tea bag yet. I give thanks for tofu on toast. Not the Basilico this time but smoked with almonds and seseame seeds - more of a mouthful but no less of a mouthful! Never been a fan of tofu until I discovered the Taifan sort. I give thanks for Rachel initiating me and our local Waitrose stocking a couple of kinds.

I give thanks for finishing a good novel, suggesting sending it to Ann as it seemed something she might enjoy and her accepting my offer. We can have a book swap facility without living in the same county...or even ever having met! Thanks also for the local library friends group accepting another offer and keenly awaiting my first crossword for their page!

Sometimes what's worse than the hurting itself is the claustrophobia of physical restriction. When that's bad looking out of the windows can actually makes me cry because I can't be there myself. This probably sounds lame - I would have probably thought so before six months of being lame! I give thanks for forcing myself to look with my camera zoom to try and spot some little gem I get to see because I'm stuck indoors...and concentrate on trying to take a photo of it to stop the flow of tears. One sort of lame is enough!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics