Thursday 16 March 2017

Life on the broken road

I give thanks for Mima offering me a trip to the tip today. Partly because I had some things to go, and partly for the company and the chance to look out of moving windows!

I give thanks for being able to get washed and dressed and ready despite my left hand going into ludicrous spasms where the thumb kept rigidly fusing to the palm, and some pretty ferocious pain elsewhere. For the hand relaxing somewhat throughout the day so I could operate refreshments in public without any awkward mishaps, and the pleasant distraction of laughter and chat encouraging me to relax more about the pain that just stuck with me... For still remembering with fondness the wonderful feeling of Monday's respite and hanging on to the belief that it might come again one day...and stay...

I give thanks for receiving and reading my copy of A Life on the Open Road - some musings of John Treagood from many years' experience of verges and roundabouts. I read Laurie Lee's As I Walked Out at an impressionable age and still like to dream there's an alternative version of reality where static is an option and shackles are unbound... It's probably why I say camper van in approximately the same tone of voice as Homer Simpson says beer! Oh, well...I give thanks for finally tracking down a Joe Brown's Tibetan Traveller blouse in my size and in a sale after several weeks of searching. It's 'inspired by the colours of the sky at sunset in the Himalayas' (allegedly) so all I have to do it put it on, look in the mirror and imagine I am there...only if I were there I'd undoubtedly need a thermal vest and a cosy coat instead! Actually, joking aside, I give great thanks I persevered because I really do like it a lot, and sometimes when you acquire something after a long running yearning it doesn't bring as much pleasure with it as you thought it might.

I give thanks for a snoozy read back under the covers when I got home again. It wearies me so much this hurting, but at least I've been in better humour about it today. I do give thanks for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics