Friday 17 March 2017

Donut be mistaken

I give thanks that Colin decided it was time we got round to sharing the long awaited donuts. Long awaited donuts? Yeah, it's a long story but the long lack of sharing them neither of us has forgotten... Though he did forget to pick them up at the supermarket on the way over yesterday evening! Actually I give thanks for that because the substitutes we got when we went back and couldn't find the sugar crisp ring ones we had in mind gave the impression if we had they'd have been disappointing, which would have been a shame after all that waiting... Still, I also give thanks for stuffing my face with a brick built cream filled one the way to my favourite pub you turn left for when you cross the river. The others along that road might also be lovely but it's the only one I know, and is really rather special with fine sea views by day and of lights on water at night. I give thanks for a ginger beer and and a lot of laughter valiantly tackling a tricky Guardian supplement quiz in its glorious slightly quirky surroundings...plus a glimpse of a fox on the grass where the edge of the carpark meets the golf course.


I give thanks for being also brought milk, tulips, an Easter Egg and a bottle of advocaat! That's a lot of bringing for one person arriving, certainly at my place anyway...but I don't mind broadening my experience to encompass a bit of pampering now and then! The advocaat is to build me up as though my appetite's pretty good and I am putting on weight again, the persistent pain and resulting lack of sleep are very debilitating. I'd never tried it before the good doctor suggested I should, but I looked it up on line and it was described as alcoholic custard, so I knew I wanted to!

Its many delights not withstanding, Plan A for yesterday had been to take it easy after Wednesday's activity had left my back and left leg so sore, so I give thanks for enjoyment outweighing my body's pleas for rest. On the other hand yesterday I could move normally for little patches here and there whereas today I've been in too much pain to manage anything much at all, so I give thanks the social opportunities came on a better day...

I give thanks for lying about on the sofa a lot pointing feebly at things for dear Jenny to tidy and clean. For snoozing, reading and watching TV...and smiling. For easy but pleasing things to eat. There are times, as you might imagine, when it crosses my mind to wonder what I might have done to deserve my lot. Do not be mistaken, this is not always a question posed in a negative kind of way....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics