Tuesday 14 March 2017

What the joker said to the thief

I give thanks for inviting Rachel to rummage through a bag of clothing on its way to a charity shop, and her finding it all of use... in fact some of it had been just what she'd just decided she needed! I love it when that kind of thing happens! For treatment and catch up chatter and being able to feel of use helping her with a project...

I give thanks for sorting out some more things for recycling or donation. It's a practical process that can help with feelings of encumbrance and being stuck...but goodness me we can have a lot of stuff about stuff can't we? Wouldn't it be good if there could be a row of bins somewhere where we could dispose of our surplus emotions?

I give thanks for thinking it would be nice to have something to look forward to amidst all this poignant looking back...and remembering even better would be to be better at not minding the present so much...

I give thanks for some leftover puff pastry and grated cheese lolling about in the fridge - just right for making some cheesy puffy whirly things to loll about on the sofa with afterwards after a particularly violent struggle with the recalcitrant cooker door. It's on a final warning for the next few days that cooker!

I give thanks for more grey and drear in the weather today. If it had been sunny I'd have loved to go out again but my back and bum and leg have been sore so I've been feeling pretty grey and drear myself...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics