Thursday 30 March 2017

Tracks of my years

I give thanks for talking last night to a lovely man I'd never met about a lovely lady I'd never met...though I learned I will now never do so. We'd all known for a while she was on her final journey but, as is often the way in these situations, the end of it came unexpectedly and with a sense of being unprepared for those left behind, though I believe she herself was ready to go and wouldn't have wanted to linger much longer losing her precious independence.

I'd known her in virtual world for longer than I've known some of the 'real' people reading this...longer than I've been writing here, 'meeting' her when I was as far, as I knew, on that final journey myself and though we never did more than exchange cards and messages and the occasional gift over the years, we planned to get together several times. I give thanks for the privilege of being counted among her friends, and the courtesy and consideration of her son.

After a painful night and morning, I give thanks for still managing the first train journey for many months, numerous bus rides and what felt like (but clearly wasn't) miles of walking too. I give thanks for the wherewithal to pay for cabs where none of the above were possible, and to buy lunch and tea so I didn't have to cook as well... Where did we go? Oh just into the city for one of my hospital appointments that despite the hassle couldn't be postponed without a whole lot more and so Bob could check out charity shops for money making bargains.

I give thanks for all the scenery I've not seen for such a long while...especially seeing the blossom and buds opening into leaves...

I give thanks for finding enough energy to and a clean mug to make myself a cuppa to have with my chips, and a little nap to keep me going for the pile of washing up and the pail of roof leak water I must attend to in a min! Do I really have to get out of bed again? Ouch! That seems most unfair...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics