Sunday 5 March 2017

Neighbourhood watch

Once, some years ago, I dreamt there was an earthquake and when I woke up I discovered there had been one, but very mild and at the far side of the next county so unlikely to be perceptible where I was at all. Last night I dreamt the bed was shaking and that I wondered 'What are the neighbours doing now? before realising it was an earthquake, but then in a more lucid phase I also realised I was dreaming, remembered what had happened before and resolved to check the news for seismic activity in the morning.

Forgot all about then of course, til I stumbled into the kitchen for breakfast stopping suddenly and trying to turn on the light to identify what was barring the path (still not changed the lighbulb obviously). A large picture had fallen off the wall, knocking over a few things on its way including a very tall plant in a heavy pot and a full cup of pens and pencils. I give thanks all this had somehow avoided upending one of the vases of daffs close by, and also waking me up!  Did wonder if anyone else had heard it though and thought 'What are the neighbours doing now?'  Later I discovered a moped lying on its side a couple of yards away from the door, from an unrelated incident presumably, but still one with rather pleasing coincidence (except to the moped owner I guess!)

I give thanks for my back being kinder today so I could walk about a bit more easily and enjoy a couple of hours out with Mima managing to dodge inclement weather but find well placed parking spots. For enjoying some fresh pastries and takeaway tea by the sea watching the changing colours and light as wind and rain and sun and clouds did their thing. I give thanks for 'five more minutes' sitting in the car at the point and during that time a whole new pattern appearing in the sky! (Yes, I added a touch of sepia tone to bring out the Grand Master bollowing biblical heavens effect!)


I give thanks for the ten feet that seemed to be constantly traipsing to and fro upstairs being still for a big chunk of the afternoon. For donning headphones anyway (so as not to wake them up) and immersing myself in unseemly suburban goings on in a Dutch drama called Swingers on All 4. I can imagine the kind of things you're imagining now...and yes, all that and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics