Wednesday 8 March 2017

E's are good!

I give thanks for an E, I certainly do! Obviously an A, B, C or D would have been better...but for an ancient property like this with high ceilings and no central heating or proper insulation an E is not that bad at all, especially as there's 'potential' to bring it further up the scale if you papered the walls with several layers of cash! What's that you say? EPC rating, duh! Whatever else could I mean?

Last night there was a lot of pain in my back/bum/leg but I remembered I'd been out walking about and carrying things, neither of which it approves of...and then I did iron some unavoidable items like cotton throws and tablecloths which it doesn't like much either... Oh and come to think about it vacuumed the (large) kitchen floor which I usually suffer from afterwards. Even some of the sitting downy bits I sat at the table doing a jigsaw and that's not always wise...so all in all I gave thanks for the done stuff and didn't mind so much the hurting it might have caused. And in fact after a busy day and a quick dip in the bath I was in bed and nodding off before it could catch up with me and I was very grateful for that!

I give thanks for finding an old Midsomer Murders I'd not seen before. They are quite undemanding yet often so droll. This one included a scene in which Barnaby #1 was watching an old 'adult' movie to check the chap who was being blackmailed for being in it in his youth hadn't contravened any contemporary laws. Of course we didn't see the film itself...just his expression as he watched..and that of his wife when she came in the room and leant over his shoulder.

I give thanks today the pain's been harsh but fair. Moving around for more than a few minutes makes it kick in, but lying down for a few minutes stops it kicking off. I give thanks for thinking to make feta pastries during one of the up and about bits partly because they're something that can be eaten more or less lying down...and partly because they're so delicious I've eaten so many of them I can't move for a while now anyway!

I give thanks for the neighbours being so quiet for so much of the last twenty four hours I've almost forgotten they're there. I do worry for their long term health choosing to opt out for so much of the day...but sadly I also like it when they do as it's so good for mine...

I give thanks Mr Tesco has been and my fridge and freezer are bulging with easy things to eat in case I feel even more laid up after Friday. Oh yes, and there's a cranberry and cashew nut loaf as well...might have room for some of that toasted with butter when I finally stir myself for the washing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics