Wednesday 1 March 2017

Back to back

I give thanks for trying to be kind to my back...but I'd have given even more if it had been kinder back! In fact from sacrum to shin just got meaner and meaner as day turned into night yesterday so I suppose I should give thanks I didn't mean to do much in the first place, and as it turned out it turned out way too sore for something I'd been sorely tempted to do instead.

I give thanks for managing to grab a bit of tea (no pancakes for me) and have a bit of a soak besides having a bit of whimper. I feel ashamed for being such a wimp but sometimes it hurts so remorselessly and relentlessly I can't help but cry, so I give thanks for there being no one here to see and get upset or exasperated. And I give thanks though I couldn't turn the the pain off at bedtime off I managed to turn my brain off over and over again and go back to sleep each time it woke me up. Big thanks for that!

I give thanks for having my nerve root block appointment confirmed along with some of the most comprehensive and comprehensible patient information I've seen. Bearing in mind I've read a lot of this stuff over the years, and helped write some too...so it is quite an accolade! I give thanks I've managed to organise transport including the sort I can lie down in on the way back if I feel the need!

I give thanks for putting out that all paperbacks bulletin as I've had to do a lot of lying down in the meantime and reading's been something to do. For the grey still weather most suitable for this, and the man and dog who've been living in the room above my bedroom being away for a while as this suits me far more than when they're here!

I give thanks by doing very little for a very long time I started to gradually be more comfortable and able to make narrow inroads into the vast multi-lane spaghetti junction of would-if-could-do stuff. Oh and for spotting the light and shade of clouds bringing another band of rain from the west as I went to look out of the window...








No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics