Thursday 2 March 2017

Edge to edge

Last night I gave thanks my moans of displeasure gave way to groans of delight as I ate creamy mashed potatoes made by Mr Tesco, Cumberland sausage made by Ms Quorn and fried onion, leeks and white cabbage made by me. It's one of my favourite combinations and I give thanks for remembering to buy the cabbage for a change! Ms me also made a delushious pudding with tinned pineapple and soaked dried cranberries, blueberries and cherries topped with sponge. Would have been even more delushious if they'd been soaked in rum instead of what was in the pineapple tin, but only just thought of that!

I give thanks for being awake, alert and available early enough for a booked phone call which was handy as all manner of unbooked ones came through beforehand too, far more than I normally have in a week let alone a day! I give thanks for far more door and window openings than I would normally expect as well from the EPC assessor who I'm sure would recommend not having an EPC assessor round as an energy saving measure!

It's been a difficult day in lots of ways, lots of stress and struggle and pain so I give great thanks one thing that turned out just the way I'd have chosen it to and a new jigsaw arrived at my door - at my flat door so no trip downstairs or down town required! It's a mouth watering picture of all manner of costume jewelry and pleases me a lot, not least because it fits on the jigsaw board which the last one I bought didn't and must wait til I have someone to help me complete it quick straight on top of the kitchen table. I also think it's going to be far easier than the last one I did (and far more colourful of course!)  I've only been at it a little while and have already done several chunks of the edge. Little things eh? Oh, I know but take care of the little things and it'll take your mind off the big ones you can't fix... Just need to talk myself into going up the big ladder to change a lightbulb and I could even do some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics