Wednesday 15 March 2017

Sorting in

I give thanks for bath and bed and books. For dreams not too nice or too nasty...

I give thanks for waking up early raring to go. It's still a precious feeling even though being able to actually go anywhere is so rare... I give thanks for the happy hours when I can, either literally or through some great escape of distraction...

Today, not being one of those kinds of days, I gave thanks for the pain being manageable enough to manage to sort out more sorting out of cupboards and drawers, bags and boxes, not at the pace I'd prefer but with small noticeable progress being made here and there. I give thanks I like to think of this as 'packing'...Ah, the games we play with our own minds sometimes, never mind anyone else's!

I give thanks for finding my passport which, presumably in a fit of pique at only being taken out lately to wave at Click and Collect point proprietors, had made a desperate bid for freedom on its own. I give thanks for feeling fidgety until it turned up...though both planning and spontaneity are still out of the question the inner adventuress still has her eyes on the horizon hoping for some answers...
I give thanks that hunger drove me to stop for lunch, as when I tried to move again I could hardly do it all - not even my hands from all the manual paperwork 'shredding' - so, though the pain and disappointment were pretty miserable, I could see it was a good thing I hadn't carried on longer and made the situation worse...

Oh well, I give thanks (again) for bed and bath and books...especially small light paperback ones st the moment. I give thanks that Jenny collected and brought me a couple I'd reserved when she went to the library on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics