Friday 10 March 2017

Mood processor

Though I couldn't follow a story line, or carry on a conversation, I give thanks despite the out of control neighbours and pain I managed to enter a kind of zombie zone and get some food and sleep last night. I give thanks they were both going strong this morning so a) I didn't over sleep and could go through the processes necessary to prepare for my hospital appointment at a pace that didn't make the sore bits worse...and b) I could almost look forward to the afternoon's ordeals as a distraction!

I give thanks for making some tasty soup with various odds and ends of veg, lots of garlic, black pepper and fresh basil but no stock because stock's not allowed. For using my noisy food processor to blend it much earlier in the day than I normally would as it was clear from all the shouting, crashing about and vacuuming everyone in the neighbourhood was already wide awake! No, I'm not sure why vacuuming is part of their rows - I know they all smoke a lot so maybe they throw ashtrays around when they're cross?

I give thanks for sorting out various minor complications over transport to and from the hospital and being able to ride home with my legs up comfily and with a very interesting person to talk to. For the people involved in the process itself being very kind and soothing and helpful and that I could order my hot drink of choice beforehand to go with a biscuit after! For the usual brief stinginess of the local anaesthetic being followed by a warning the next bit could be slightly painful, and then hearing a request for a plaster because it was all done...and hadn't hurt at all! It'll be a few days at least before I know if it's going to work but as things have been hurting so much for so long, and all the travelling to and fro to get it attended to so difficult in so many ways, just not having it made worse was fine by me for now...

I give thanks for the changing views as the fog's swirled in and out throughout the day. For finally getting in the communal door after the key just twirled in the lock - I don't think the mechanism likes being banged as violently as it has been with each storming off in a huff! I give thanks for things currently being peaceful, for my eyelids drooping with relief and fatigue so that I'm tempted to risk a nap...but knowing it would be sensible to get those earplugs in first!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics