Tuesday 7 March 2017

Cold and spicy

I give thanks the book I'm reading is set in the seventies with lots of period detail. I'm always partial to some of that especially if I lived through the period in question and remember the detail myself! And yesterday evening I watched a compilation of clips of 'bad TV' from the same era which had me helpless with laughter at times so I give thanks for that as well.

I give thanks a combination of laziness and a craving for a lemon pudding led me to try out a microwave mug recipe for supper. Of course I didn't follow the recipe exactly (when do I ever?)...for one thing I got bored with grating lemon rind (you always get more on the grater than in the bowl don't you?) but I scraped out the sides of a marmalade jar that for all other intents and purposes was empty and that added an extra tang, and I was astonished by the pleasantness of the texture.

There's a bitter nip in the air today - not one of those times when I think I've left a heater on, but one when I think I've left a window open instead! I give thanks for many layers of clothing when moving and adding furry throws when still. For the thought of a hotwater bottle in reserve in case my feet (encased in winter tights and two pairs of socks!) don't start to warm up soon...or maybe taking some painkillers and getting on with the household chores? Hmm... Decisions, decisions!

I give thanks for getting thoroughly swathed before going out to hobble about for blood tests and essential shopping earlier. I think I give thanks for the deli man saying perhaps he could deliver and the taxi driver saying he'd healing hands and could come give me a massage...but to be honest to hear both remarks in the space of two minutes actually a felt a little bit odd...

I give thanks for chickpea and spinach curry tasty but so hot I had to keep putting it aside thinking I couldn't eat any more... But every time I took a bite of the tiny piece of also delicious chocolatey slice I'd allowed myself for dessert (the rest's in the freezer to save further sin) I fancied the curry again! Deconstructed chili chocolate I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics