Friday 3 March 2017

The blogger's egg

I give thanks for spotlights! Top marks for effort with the ladder and lightbulb manoeuvre but I need to cling on with one hand that close to the ceiling and far away from the walls, and need two to do the unscrewing and screwing so that will have to wait til there's a spare one around... I give thanks for Colin checking up on me and Jo laughing but both in a nice friendly way!

I give thanks for some variety in pain. Last night there were spasms almost like electric shocks in my leg which didn't make for a restful time but did make me chuckle as my whole body jerked like a dog having a very bad dream. I give thanks for sleeplets in between, and getting up for chamomile tea and toast and a Tunnocks wafer in between those! I'm not really supposed to eat Tunnock's wafers and planned to eat only part, but I was awake a very long time and couldn't resist the second half waiting fragrantly in its wrapper!

I give thanks for putting on some more toast in the late morning when I finally dragged myself out of bed, and being overcome with the urge for a boiled egg to go with it. They're so easy aren't they, boiled eggs, no trouble, no mess? You just pop them in the pan of water and while you're getting the other stuff ready they are getting done. Except I couldn't get all the other stuff ready as the eggcups had gone awol from all the places they might have been, even the ones Rachel might have put them in when she kindly does the drying up. Oh well, boiled egg on toast is fine, and the egg cools down while you're burning your fingers trying to get the shell off so you don't burn your mouth when you eat it!

Special thanks though to Jenny and Liz from choir for a most enjoyable couple of hours catch up of refreshments in a café I've not been to before, some very welcome chauffering to Waitress for essentials of (my) life and a little L'Occitane gift set just right for that next little mini-break I know I'm so overdue for!

I give thanks for dodging a hefty rain shower, but seeing the before and after colours of the sky and sea. For a missing prescription turning up, fulfilled and hiding in a corner of the pharmacy. For books and a jigsaw and Abernethy biscuits and Higgidy pies. What more can a woman want? Oh tons of stuff, but still good things to have in the meantime!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics