Saturday 4 March 2017

Local links

The folk upstairs don't get out much so I give thanks they went for a long walk yesteday...round and round above the living room, interspersed with some jumping up and down above the kitchen for that extra aerobic kick! I give thanks the cake I'd had earlier was so sweet (so sweet I couldn't finish it!) I was in danger of going hypo when I got home and after hastily cooking and eating some pasta with veg and cheese dozed off on the sofa for a while nonetheless... The pain had been so horrid for so much of the day it was wonderful to find a little cushion of curled up comfort and I gave thanks for staying in it long enough afterwards to be tickled by the commentator on Come Dine With Me and touched by a comment in a bit of online chat... And then I had to spoil it all by saying something stupid like 'Right! Time to go and do the washing up...' My back was not impressed, I've not known it quite so cross for a long time (and that's really saying something!) so after a very difficult night I give thanks for resolving to take it as easy as possible today...

I give thanks to Mima for offering to take me out, and sadly but sensibly declining...For breaking up the reclining for very important pastimes like whipping up a quick sauce for the leftover pasta with leeks, mushrooms, garlic and herb roule and pesto....and keeping on keeping on with that washing up!

I give thanks for the internet which, if you look at the right bits in the right way can be quite uplifting to spirits when the body must stay flat... I give thanks for finding John Treagood (a much loved traveller of the area who has spent half his eighty years on or camped beside local roads with his horse and wagon) now has his own Facebook page where you can read of the book that's been made of his journals.The happy conjuction of withdrawal from society and social connection in this pleases me deeply in many ways...and the book looks to be a good read too if his quips in this article are anything to go by!

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/traveller-john-treagood-on-the-mend-after-breaking-his-leg/story-29496352-detail/story.html

I give thanks for being tempted by a number of upcoming events around here in the classical music festival, including a performance by the much acclaimed Popup Opera almost as close to my doorstep as you can be and not be outside another private dwelling...but it's over the next two weekends and it would be a shame to buy a ticket and not be able to go, or go and wish I hadn't.

Oh well, I give thanks for seeing later in the month a pub in town is putting on a Motown for Mother's Day night. Commercial savviness means there's always an abundance of afternoon tea and lunch offers I get a bit peeved I can't take up, but you wouldn't need a mum or a handy child for that would you? Just a back that will let you at least do a bit of tapping your foot and hand jiving whilst sitting in a chair. Oh well, for now I give thanks though I'm mostly confined to lying down I can still move my eyes and mouth...Now what can I make for tea?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics