Sunday 13 August 2017

Close to the edging

When I feel like I can't go on, and all of my hope is gone, I give thanks I can reach out for...butter and sugar and flour and eggs! Last night I was craving the solace of apple and blueberry pudding so deeply though I ate too much too quickly too hot and gave myself indigestion. Oh well, most comforts come with more than one price tag don't they?

I give thanks though I kept waking up in the night I kept going back to sleep again.

I give thanks for some bright warm sunshine in between the clouds and despite the nippy old wind. For having shopping and lost property to pick up in town and escape the very audible grumpiness of the neighbours for a while. For Mima offering refreshments on her sheltered patio, and making a flask to take to brave the breezy seafront when the shadows had crept too high up the walls for us to enjoy the sun any more.

I give thanks for Bob sending me a message thanking me for his Christmas present while he was enjoying it. No not the jumper, the ticket to Boomtown! This, as any mother or festival goer will appreciate, is great dedication to gratitude...and as I've been feeling so glum was particularly appreciated too.

I give thanks for working out how to do the edge on whatever this is. I much prefer making up my own designs to copying other people's, but of course you do have to work out what the pattern is instead of merely following instructions...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics