Thursday 17 August 2017

Dark matters

I give thanks for staring into space, I've been doing a lot of that today. For trying to think as little as possible as my mind is coming up with stuff best not dwelt upon. For limiting even virtual speech in case the dark thoughts sneak out into words. It's bad enough that I feel bad, I don't want to spread it round.

I give thanks for the heavy rain last night - if you just want to curl up and suck your metaphorical thumb that's a fine meteorological condition! For listening to the wind in the trees this morning, the scaffolders clattering around down the street, whistling and male bonding. That the world keeps on turning and people have good things going on.

I give thanks for the soft caress of fresh sheets, and getting the clean ones pressed while still damp. For the smell of hot cotton...like the smell of sun on your skin.  I give thanks for grabbing some lunch and grabbing a few minutes of that before the clouds and showers returned. For a random smoke trailed aerobatic loop out over the sea...and the tankers lining up to come through the shallows at high tide.

I give thanks for a previously unwatched episode of Red Dwarf where Kryten has a mid life mech crisis, and tells the universe who then has one too. That though the future's looking kind of dim, at least mid is a long time gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics