Friday 25 August 2017

I got sunshine

I give thanks I don't mind salmon as long as it's in small doses and am very partial to spinach, as I ordered the wrong fishcakes from Tesco! I give thanks I'm well aware of side wind-up syndrome whereby, if you're stressed and pre-occupied, you become accident prone, clumsy and forgetful and mysteriously capable of causing inanimate objects to disappear into another dimension the moment your back is turned. I used to think this was one's subconscious sending out calls for outside assistance but it maybe it is nature's way of getting you to take a break from your main concerns and fret over small stuff...getting upset over a chipped crockery when your heart is broken, crying over spilt milk when you've lost your dairy farm? Who knows... I've certainly spent plenty of time worrying and wondering about lost things this last few weeks, which is less time spent on lost causes and for which I guess I should be grateful.

I give thanks for sleep, my best friend at the moment, gently removing me from the fray of the day. And when it fails me, as it did at 3am today, I give thanks for books to reach for and wrap my around my brain, the way you might reach for a loved one to hold you close and comfort you.

I give thanks that after an unsure start the sun did more than wink through the clouds and it was properly summery warm. For wearing a dress and sandals chosen when the season seemed full of, if not promise, at least hints of trips and possibility...and which had thus been languishing a long time unused in the wallflower part of the wardrobe! For Mima kindly sharing her sunny outdoor space and offering cups of tea and biscuits, and seeing Dorothy and taking the time for a bit of carefully annunciated high volume catch up up chat. For once again carrying a lot more a lot further than I would have thought I would easily do. Well, maybe not that easily...but when doctors ask me if I get tired and breathless I don't think they mean lugging heavy shopping up hills and flights of stairs.


I give thanks for a smiley busker singing the song you first thought of when you read the title of this post. For rebel self seeded violas beside the municipal beds...

I give thanks some hasty tasty food is almost ready and that it is so far quiet enough to consider another quiet night in may be a blessing rather than a curse. I feel a little weary. Women do get weary you know, no matter how many dresses they have to wear. Yep, it's a lyric a minute on here, even when we're short on laughs...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics