Thursday 3 August 2017

The gong drops

I give thanks for the clear deep blue of the sky yesterday late yesterday evening.

For rummaging in a bag in my yarn stash and finding some pieces of a waistcoat I was trying to make before I got sick all those years ago. I could only afford one hank of some gorgeous wool/silk mix and was eking it out with some double wound cotton 4 ply off a cone, so there's a huge morass of tangled ends and dropped stitches to unravel and re ravel again, but it may be salvageable somehow. Now I've been reminded how beautiful it is it may be worth a try...


I've been feeling very floppy today, not as in weak and wan but as if everything I do is a flop anyway so really not worth the bother. I give thanks for keeping on keeping on in little ways on the way to stopping... For understanding due to the way we measure success there have to be failures, and by failing so resoundingly at so many aspects of life I perform a vital function in the scheme of things, helping lots of others feel better about themselves, their attributes and achievements...But it can seem pretty tough at the bottom, you know, especially when you keep finding out just how low it can go...

I give thanks I had a gong bath booked this afternoon - a small sense of purpose, something to help me maybe feel a bit more resilient than I do. And of course the downside of hope and expectation is...disappointment! I was so gutted when it was cancelled I ended up having a little tear bath instead.

I give thanks for immersing myself in an
old Midsomer Murders for a while with Barnaby
(or was it John Nettles?) exploring his rock/blues soul and having a little jam with a band member character. Real life is overrated if you ask me...I'm considering a second career (or should that be a first?) as an alcoholic to avoid it as much as I can. Wouldn't be expensive with my intolerance to the stuff and failure's kind of in the remit isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics