Thursday 24 August 2017

Second helpings

I give thanks for the unexpected bright sunset last night brightening my spirits for a minute or two.  It was murky and grey on the other side of the sky and I'd have missed if I hadn't been greedy and needed 'second tea' - an early one when I got back from town seeming inadequate when I unpacked what Mr (and Mrs) Tesco brought. I give thanks for small delicious portions of what are now 'luxury' diet items ie. mashed potatoes and broccoli!


I give thanks for imagining we might have a bright sunny day today...we didn't, but imagining it might happen made me feel good so that was good anyway. I can find something to appreciate in almost any kind of weather except this dull still sort...but then again I'm so dull and still myself at the moment maybe it's the best kind for now. I keep telling myself the end is nigh and I'll repent if I think this time's not been well spent, but for some reason this is no help at all. I give thanks for getting on with indoor chores and telling myself I'll be pleased they are done if I can work myself up to seeing the point in trying to do something more pleasing tomorrow.

I give thanks for trying again to get more information about my surgery next week. I'd really rather just pretend it isn't happening, but unless I get lucky and the entire world ends before then, in order to work out how to get home afterwards I need to have a vague idea when I'll be able to...and how able I will be. It seems no one can tell me that however. I think it's one of those (many) scenarios where hospitals assume patients have patient people standing by to attend to their transport and other auxillary needs...which, as I don't, makes me feel rather defeated and sad. So I guess I give thanks that's how I was feeling already...

Oh well, on the bright side it's nearly time for first tea again, and I give thanks my mouth is watering at the thought. I have a yen for thai monkfish curry or leeks and scallops in buckwheat crepes...but Mallaig and Roscoff are too far away so a smoked haddock fishcake will have to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics