Friday 4 August 2017

Ultra sound

Well, I won't start the alcoholism this week as I've blown the entertainment budget on an evening lying down in a darkened room with a bunch of strangers. That is to say I went to the late gong session instead! It's a bit of an effort getting myself motivated to go out in the evening on my own, especially to the next town as public transport becomes a little sparse, but Sally the gong lady had offered me a lift back afterwards and as they drive the same way as the bus and could drop me by the stop down the road I didn't feel I was being too inconvenient accepting...and of course I didn't have to walk from the venue to the first bus stop either, so I gave great thanks for that! Actually it was her other half who, after packing away the gongs, drove me in one of those nice new minis I rather covet so I give thanks for that too... I give thanks for people who have plenty of back up and support in their lives... especially, selfishly, when they can spare a bit for me now and then, of course.

I give thanks I get the news I need on the... Cambridge Buddhist Society thought for the day!  This time it was Schrodinger's 'Every man’s world picture is and always remains a construct of his mind and cannot be proved to have any other existence...' which I found particularly pleasing.

I give thanks for BT assuring me the letter saying it was all a mistake...was a mistake...

I give thanks for a busy afternoon defying medical science and doing lots of plodding round town with a heavy shopping bag interspersed with visits to the doc's, the library, Mima's (just in time for lunch!) and the Revive meeting (just in time for a mug of tea and a piece of cake to take home!)

I give thanks all the walking about cancels out the calories so I've only a little bum and could squeeze into a tiny space on the bus stop seat for a very long wait while the bus made it's way through roads clogged with cars...and for enjoying some people watching and some pleasant conversation with some other patient travellers. For getting home for what seemed like the tail end of a lot of shouting and swearing and banging around upstairs...one can but hope. I give thanks for earplugs at the ready in case this gratitude and optimism is premature, as I'd like to relax at last and get to enjoy the aftermath of the wonderful effects of those sounds...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics