Tuesday 8 August 2017

Making a meal of it

I probably shouldn't take Jon Ronson to bed. He sometimes causes me to laugh out loud quite uncontrollably loudly, and I doubt the neighbours give thanks for that late into the evening. I always give thanks for a laugh though, especially as I've not been doing so much of late at any time of day. And anyway, it's a hardback library book, the sort I wouldn't trust my hands to grip in the bath, so bed's the best place to be reading it...from my perspective anyway.

The other thing I came home from the library with was...a cold! I'm not at all amused as I've had one already this year, and one last year as well...this is not what I expect from my immune system! However I do give thanks you're supposed to 'feed a cold' aren't you? So I made some pancakes for brunch and a vegetable curry for lea, and for some strange reason they were pretty much the best examples of either dish I've ever made! Of course, cooking for one you only have your own taste buds to please, and they might have been unappealing to other palates, but mine thought they were exceedingly good and were extremely grateful...

I give thanks for waking up in a good mood, feeling positive and light of heart. It didn't last so I also give thanks if you're rather down and blue the snuffles blend in well. I give thanks for getting on with cleaning and creative tasks as well as cooking between the sneezes and snoozes. And for dropping everything and stopping for Shiatsu and a meditate when the guys upstairs went out. It's so much more soothing without their living sounds in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics