Sunday 6 August 2017

Oh wow is me



Well I was feeling a bit sad and lonesome last night so I gave thanks that I was on my own as you can feel that way in company and that really is the pits! I figured another advantage was that I could leave the washing up and whatever to have an early bath and bury my head in bed with a book...and, being quite tired, was being quite grateful for that... when I went into the bedroom and went 'Oh wow!' at the pale moon rising through the pastel tinted swathes of cloud...and then a skein of geese flew by and I was oh wowing all over again and thought to give thanks again that I was on my own as if I'd been doing something sociable I'd probably not have been gazing wistfully out of windows at all, would I? And come to think of it, if I'd have been living somewhere suitable I wouldn't have seen these scenes anyway.. So, yep, plenty to be thankful for in a convoluted kind of way.

Um... today? Watching the day and the summer, and so many other things slip away and trying not to be too regretful, or regret it too much when I was. For doing my Shiatsu, and having a meditate and crocheting away at whatever it is I'm making for the craft sale until my arms got sore...

I give thanks for realising my morning toast had been made with mouldy bread before I put it in my mouth. I give thanks for making and making disappear a big bowl of one of my favourite comfort meals (of those still allowed) - wholemeal pasta with button mushrooms and leeks in a pesto and cream cheese sauce. Actually this time it was Boursin cream cheese with garlic and herbs so even better! For drifting off into a little post prandial doze... Sometimes it seems I can barely bear all the many sorts of loss I'm feeling now, but a little loss of consciousness is always light relief!

Oh yes...and I give thanks for finding out how to remove the date stamp on the camera...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics