Friday 11 August 2017

Joint decision


I give thanks to Mima for taking me on a scenic drive on a beautiful evening. In fact it was such a lovely journey that we did some parts of it more than once...even on the way home in the dark! I give thanks that in between we saw some rather stunning views, a pretty sunset, an astonishing moon...and some good fireworks displays preceded by tasty cake and mugs of tea at a friendly late opening cafe (with a slightly smeary window)!

I give thanks for sleeping very soundly from soon after our late return but when I woke early I immediately realised my lower joints were in too much pain to even take the prospect of turning over in bed lightly, let alone anything as rash as getting up to make a cup of tea. Of course I did in the end, but clearly there's been a tad too much trudging up and down hills going about my business over the last few days so I had to respect their decision to request rest and recuperation. I give thanks for a day of splendidly contented under achievement. Sometimes being awesome is an awful chore you know, and idly slobbing about instead makes a delightful change...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics