Sunday 27 August 2017

Finger lichen good

I'm supposed to limit myself to 3 scoops of ice-cream a week, but I've not actually had any at all for a couple of months so I gave thanks for a delicious and inexpensive raspberry pavlova one today that pretty much used my full seven days' quota! It came from a certain large retail outlet I rarely say anything good about apart from the pasta stall and the rugs...so I'll add ice-cream to the list of good things now. I give thanks for finding several more acres of this store today including the Italianate hillside garden centre complete with lily lake! That was pretty awesome too.

I give thanks this was a side trip though on the way home from the main event of a day on the moor. For the wonderful warm sunshine and enjoying a potter about, during which I bought a cute little pottery jug from a craft exhibition that proved to be entirely one woman's work - artwork, various needlecrafts and ceramics. Having paid for a holiday I could only just afford, and now can't take, the coffers mainly have cobwebs in, but after many years trying to persuade people to part with hard cash for my own creations I couldn't begrudge her £3 a handpainted countryside scene on a useful kitchen item!

I give thanks for the spirit soar of the views, the chirrup of crickets, calves suckling in the road and ponies rock climbing among the mercifully not too madding crowds. I give thanks my slacker of a mojo managed to produce an easily accessible but not oversubscribed babbling brook to chill our toes in while we had a picnic lunch.  For Home Farm refreshment vans because they do good refreshments, and because when I was a wee small girl that was the name of my home. For lavish lichen on a weathered graveyard seat. To Mima for offering to take me, for transport services (carrying trays as well as chauffeuring) and for her tolerance. I know I'm not the best company for others just now, but it makes me feel better to have some...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics