Wednesday 30 August 2017

Soft arm tactics

I give thanks for the sedation of meditation when I woke in the night full of dread.

I give thanks for the soft sound of the rain when I woke in the morning. For resisting the temptation to stay in bed resting my weariness, getting up instead to carry on with the list of tasks best done while I've one and a half working arms.

For a gap between teariness and showers to go and do the ones in town...and a pause by the sea in some sunshine with takeaway tea and cake. For the friendly folk who serve me with refreshments, medication and other requisites around here.

For the pair of blues and twos that sped past me up the hill being called to an altercation on another part of the street.

For asking Julie if she could possibly pick me up after surgery tomorrow, and for her very kindly saying yes even though she actually has something else to do. This is why I try not to ever ask people for help - because, of course, they always do!

I give thanks that in amongst all the more strenuous domestic chores I found time to finish the first of a pair of cushion covers for the craft sale.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics