Wednesday 13 November 2013

Blue moon

Ooooh, there's a name for it...one of my slightly subversive favourite things about 'knowing'  things that I sometimes find hard to put into words. It's called....(ta daa!)...the half life of facts. I literally 'lolled' with delight and gratitude when I found out about that. I want a badge with it on, and when people insist on wanting hard irrefutable truth I'll point to my chest and say...at which point in its slithery decomposition would you like it exactly? Much gratitude to the QI elves for enlightening me!
Today I also give thanks that more trash and debris is being removed from the flat upstairs. I made a cuppa for a couple of the guys about six very large car loads in and they said in all their many years of doing this kind of work they'd never seen a mess quite this bad. I'm grateful there's less of it above my head!
I'm grateful I've had more energy the last two or three days. The previous few weeks I'd been absurdly limp and feeble, even by my current not very high standards, so it's been great to get a few more things done about the place. Today I was even able to do some decorating prep which meant Laura was able to get more painting done this afternoon. I'm always very grateful for Laura's help but she did so much today I thought the clocks must be wrong at the end of it! I give thanks I like the colour of the new paint for the bathroom...you never know what it's really going to look like, do you, even after you've opened the tin? It's sort of this colour...tho, of course, you now have about as much of an idea as I did before it was on the walls and dry...
And finally I give thanks for deciding to be a bit more generous to myself as regards (trying to) keep the place warm. I've never had much money to burn, and without central heating this time of year I've got a financial thermostat working in my head that goes 'Blimey you're comfortable, think of the bills...turn that down at once!' I've come to the conclusion if I've three pairs of socks on, a thermal vest, leggings, two long sleeve tops, a woolly cardigan and a throw pulled up to my armpits then I'm probably not being excessively extravagant if I keep the ambient temperature to a level where I don't need a hat and scarf on as well...but it's going to take a while to get used to the lifestyle change.

2 comments:

  1. nice blog. Honest, as I suppose the purpose of blogging is.

    I have a rare cancer (multiple myeloma) but it seems to be in regression at present. Only down is the endless dripping, dripping of the chemo infusion; and some wierd breathing side effects from the Velcade.
    Anyways, nice to leave a message to you -- don't give up hope.

    I am thankful for the next breath and look forward to a progression of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that goatman. It's a journey isn't it? Wouldn't have opted for this route given the choice but must admit there've been some good places along the way as well as the bad...
    Keep on breathing on!
    Angelinthemaking

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics