Monday 18 November 2013

Pick me up

Last night I was grateful I remembered to fill a hot water bottle before bed. I keep forgetting until I get under the covers and it's cold, but it would be even colder getting out to make one! And though it wasn't the chilliest of nights it means the bottle's around and about ready to remind me again...

This morning I gave thanks I had to get up for one or two things because otherwise I wouldn't have done and though exceptionally painful and slow the day's not been without benefits. I give thanks for remembering the tasty Earl Grey tea loaf I'd made as it was the thought of that that tipped me over the edge...of the mattress!

I'm grateful for picking prescriptions up from the doctors just as the cloud thinned and the light made pretty patterns with the pier and the water...


...and for picking up from the Post Office a parcel of wire racks and shelves for inside my kitchen cupboards so it's easier for me to get plates and dishes out when my hands are very sore. They're very sore today so I can't fully install them but I can see what a difference they'll make when I do...

Gratitude too to Laura for coming to do a couple of hours painting and picking me up from town in the process. She also helped me make up the bed on the sofa so the heap of things put out of the way from the decorating in the bathroom and hall don't have to be re-organised tonight. I've been very grateful for the last of the lentil stew for my supper too...just what I need to pick myself up before some very important snoozing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics