Monday 4 November 2013

Ivy league

I give thanks for the dawn light waking me up today. I don't find the dark months easy so I'm very grateful that the sun rises in front of my windows this time of year.

I give thanks for feeling a bit more energetic earlier on and being able to spend a little time in the wonderful winter sunshine watching the bugs and butterflies pretending it was spring...


I give thanks for the flat blue sea folding into rollers and yachts like upside down bunting between the bigger ships on the horizon. There's a tanker that's been 'parked' in the bay for a week (conveniently in view of my bedroom window!) and I love how it seems to be different colours and shapes as its angles and the light change. For some reason it raises its cranes sometimes and I like to imagine there's a long line and some bait hanging down and the crew are using them to fish! I give thanks for enjoying all manner of watercraft and for living by the coast.

I give thanks for going to the knit and natter group and doing those very things... I also took all my mini stockings to show them before they go to the Force Centre in a couple of days...and sold twenty pounds worth to donate! The down side of this is that I feel I should now knit some more and I'm grateful I've started though now I'm finished for the day, finished for everything - no choir, no craftwork, no washing up or tidying, no more anything can be done except maybe a little practising lying down until it's time for bed and giving thanks for Crazy Jack's organic apricots...Mmm, delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics