Wednesday 20 November 2013

Finest hours

This morning I meant to spend in with my aches and pains in bed, but Laura had the opportunity to come and finish the painting of the bathroom walls so I gave thanks I had to get up and get going in the end. It'll be a while before I can get all the thises and that's in place again but much gratitude that corner's been turned...

This afternoon I was extremely grateful to be a little less wilfully weary and wimpy for a couple of hours.  I even took something to the postbox at the end of the terrace without my scarf and hat! Hardcore or what?

I gave thanks I managed to re-sew a couple of armholes on a dress that had sagged on a hanger in a high street store while waiting for me to come and rescue it...then I sagged and had to settle back on the sofa before rescuing myself with hot food. I give thanks for Tesco's Finest cauliflower cheese - almost as good as the real thing and far less energetic! Sometimes it really does feel as if it must be someone else's turn to cook tea, or maybe even takeaway night...but of course it never is, so I'm grateful for a ready meal now and then.

I give thanks for this story of incredible enterprise and invention:
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/health-24524027

And for choosing to watch a foreign subtitled film this evening...that way I can't do anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics