Thursday 14 November 2013

Do look back!

What a lot to be thankful for today, including...

For being as effective a weather god as ever: I step outside and the rain clouds part...a much more useful attribute than having the sun shine out of your behind, I reckon!

For thinking to ask people I knew if they were interested in the contents before taking a bag of fabric bits to a charity shop...Laura grabbed the printed ones and Rachel was in need of the plain!

For two people who haven't seen me for a little while exclaiming how much my hair has grown. If you've had alopecia you never forget your hair today may be gone tomorrow and you never stop being grateful for however much you've got...

For my first acupuncture piercing for three weeks. How lovely to see Rachel and feel the heal...

For the chaps doing the clear up upstairs being so good natured and pleasant to have around. It can't be easy, apart from the six flights of stairs between the flat and the ground today they started on the roof over the porch, wading knee deep in piles of decomposing food, sodden clothing, used drug needles and broken glass. The rotting window frame gave way in the process so they improvised an amusing little screen to help keep me cosy tonight!


And finally for two brilliant BBC4 documentaries about early British jazz and rock and roll. For some reason the rock and roll one was on first so obviously I watched them in reverse but they were both extremely entertaining, informative and funny and full of remarkably well preserved characters and fascinating film footage. It's almost all way before my time of course (of course it's 'of course'...don't be cheeky!) but I've danced many hours away to music that came into being about the same as I did, and basically anyone who has danced since in fun rather than formality owes it great homage. Without rock and roll, ravers, you'd still only be able to dance in the aisles...and someone would probably try to stop you if you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics