Friday 22 November 2013

Click

Today's hospital appointment was at the one with extra wide chairs and I decided to combine it with my semi annual visit to Asda to buy a new thermal vest or two...not that I'm implying the size of the seating has anything to do with a 24hr superstore being nearby! Asda do the prettiest and cosiest vests I've ever had and I give great thanks for discovering this unlikely fact as, of course, they're at a great price too. Also for learning to buy them 'Click and Collect' and not to be tempted by anything else in there, as though they've lots of attractive bargains, the tedious journey through the tills is enough to put you off whatever you've purchased for good!

I give thanks for several other serendipitous retail experiences. I've even bought a couple of Christmas gifts (something I've been so far unusually unenthusiastic about this year), plus a large box of favourite chocs much reduced as non Christmas present for me. I also give thanks for my kindly neighbours taking in some packages the postman brought (note to self: I need NO more knitting yarn for the rest of the year at least!)

I was grateful for the slightly surreal experience of being shown some Tai Chi by a heavily tattooed Physio who shared his name with a rural 19th century poet...in a brightly lit hospital consultation room! I think I shall like it a lot, especially as in the therapeutic circumstances there's no pressure to get it exactly right or to do it for any particular length of time. For someone of my persuasions it is therapeutic in itself just to hear someone employed by the NHS taking about Chi.

Gratitude too that so many people I encountered seemed in good spirits and of good cheer, perhaps due to the delightfully blue skied and sunny winter weather, for the bus driver having the Red Dwarf theme tune for a ring tone on his phone and the incredibly awesomely scenic journey to and fro...sea, countryside, river and moor, a pretty sunset and Christmas lights twinkling in the towns as darkness fell. Right now though, most of all, I'm giving great thanks that I'm home and warm and fed and soon to be horizontal...that was a very long and very busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics