Thursday 21 November 2013

Warm and fuzzy

Yay! I managed to get my bathroom mirror back on the freshly painted wall! The fixing design was as much a whimsical make-it-up-as-you-go-along idea (courtesy of Clive) as the shell pattern on the front by me, and (clearly) came from stronger, nimbler fingered times so I'm very grateful it only took a couple of attempts. The rest of scene in there and the bedroom next door is one of post decorating chaos so I'm giving thanks I can now gaze at my unblemished reflection instead...before I put my glasses back on again...
I'm grateful too that Bob has said he's up for exchanging mini stockings...and finding things to put in them of course. This is mine...sparkly and fluffy and quite stretchy too! Since I started making them there's been some great suggestions for suitably miniature contents including a memory stick, make up, stationery items, condoms and a keyring...plus I've seen two women get ring signs in their eyes like some people get ones for money! Already I've two things for Bob that are none of the above...
I give thanks for finally getting round to trying some new Korma paste I've had a little while, ideal for livening up some tired veg, but I think perhaps I could use half the quantity next time. Whooff! Definitely lively!
This morning my feet were cold eating in the kitchen so much gratitude for finding a little offcut mat the right size and colour for fitting under the table in one of the carpet shops in town. There's been no further progress this week upstairs or on the landing so I was also grateful to find a cheap doormat to wipe the debris off outside and a long strip of bubble wrap to make an extra door curtain liner as a barrier to the icy air creeping in from the broken windows.
Finally, I'm grateful I wrote most of this before I went out because the acupuncture fairies are gathering now to whisk me away...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics