Saturday 16 November 2013

Huh?

Well now, let's see...I've been grateful for the visit from my mojo last week. She's wandered off again now, but that's probably all for the best - wears me out, she does!  I give thanks for the yummy lentil stew she made before departure...

I'm grateful that this week none of the links I wanted to read on the BBC's '10 things we didn't know last week' took you to pages where you had to log in or subscribe...

I particularly enjoyed this snippet about language use and confusion
http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/11/-em-huh-em-means-the-same-thing-in-every-language/281359/

and these the QI 'facts' http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-filter/qi/10432383/QI-facts-women-spend-16-months-of-their-lives-crying.htmlDVX\   ...though best not read it just to grumble about some aspect of it like people who leave comments on articles usually seem to do!

I give thanks for a pretty handwritten card from the cancer centre I took those mini stockings to thanking me enthusiastically for my contribution...

And I'm grateful that Laura agreed to accompany me to see the choir perform at the Jazz Fringe late this afternoon as I would have been too tired to motivate myself on my own. They did so well, and I was so grateful I wasn't doing it with them! Lovely to see churches used as venues for secular events, and to use those wonderful acoustics too. We both gave thanks it was such a mild and dry evening and but the stew still went down well on return...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics